Recently I was (rather foolishly) asked to DJ at a gig by a man called Ted (formerly of Gary Marchant fame). The gig featured local doom wizards Bong and another former Gary member with his new project Neolithic. A night of slow, heavy drones.
As such, I decided to take it seriously for a change and play some real music by bands that actually exist. My playlist for the night started with a long one while we sorted out the sound, then continued like this:
3. Tuber - Smoked Up Notes
4. Dark Castle - Seeing Through Time
5. Manatees - VIII:XVI
6. Buzzov*en - Locked Up
7. Ramesses - Omniversal Horror
8. Pyramidion - Akkadian Undercore
9. The Wounded Kings - Gates of Oblivion
10. Om - Unitive Knowledge of the Godhead
11. Angelo Badalamenti - The Pink Room
12. White Hills - No Other Way
13. Grails - Doomsdayer's Holiday
14. Sleep - From Beyond
Links included where available so you can listen along and pretend you were there.